Monday, July 4, 2011

Another practice tattoo, this one on my right upper leg....

I just completed the preliminary line work on this tattoo on my right leg. The image is from a drawing I did many months ago and posted here.



This is a detailed ornate skull design based on a drawing by Leonardo DaVinci, treated with a 'day-of-the-dead' sugar skull style of decorative line work. I completed the line work today in under three hours, and I am extremely pleased with the progress I have made with my tattoo lining work. I will be adding thicker lines to some areas, and then shading as well, and perhaps some colour at some point. Compare this to the skull I tattooed on my left leg some time ago:





Well, there really is no comparison. I hope this will give those of you seeking a tattoo an idea of how far my skill has come in the past few months. Although I am fully aware of how much I have to learn, I am feeling more and more confident, and look forward to doing more and more 'real' tattoos for clients in the coming months and years...




Thanks again and always to Sean Bergstrom of Vancouver Island Tattoos for his patient tutelage the last little while.



Here is the latest version with more shading.....

No comments: